Have you heard? The Ripped Bodice, a bookstore in Culver City, California, devoted entirely to romance is having their second annual Summer Romance BINGO! Below is a cheat sheet to how my books can fill in your BINGO card!
Read a book with the trope, fill out a square on the BINGO card. After you’ve completed a row on your bingo card you can enter to win prizes!
Here is my books cheat sheet to fill in those squares:
Well, it may be considered a stretch by some, but I always think of Penelope Hardcastle of The Pleasure Device and Where Destiny Plays as a Fashionista (both available at The Ripped Bodice: The Pleasure Device and Where Destiny Plays)
Enemies to Lovers
Bisexual heroes in:
The General’s Wife: An American Revolutionary Tale (also available at The Ripped Bodice)
Disobedience By Design (also available at The Ripped Bodice)
Where Destiny Plays (also available at The Ripped Bodice)
Hadrian and Sabina: A Love Story (also available at The Ripped Bodice)
Imperial Warriors: Two Scorching Tales of the Roman Empire (okay, so this is only around 10,000 words and two short stories, but the collection is still a “book”)
Hero Smells Like a “MAN”
I seriously do not remember if I used this trope, but it sounds familiar. If you come across it in one of my novels or shorts, let me know in the comments!
Heroine is Older than the Hero
Birds Are Somehow Involved
My short story “Silent Sky” has a very important literary device at the end that involves birds. “Silent Sky” is in the boxed set Getting Naughty: Twenty Tantalizing Tales (which, I guess, you’d have to read most of to keep yourself BINGO-honest)
Download the Bingo card (pdf) from the Ripped Bodice and get reading with my cheat sheet!
These are the official Bingo rules from the Ripped Bodice website:
– Bingo runs from June 1 to August 31, 2018
– Each square represents one book that you’ve read THIS summer (honor system please and thank you!) Remember, you can interpret the categories however you want.
– Fill in the square with the title of the book and the author once you’ve read one that meets the criteria.
– BINGO = five in a row (horizontal or vertical)
– For each row your complete, you can enter to win prizes! Enter at: www.therippedbodicela.com/BINGO
– Make sure to share how your board is coming along on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook with hashtag #rippedbodicebingo